Monday, March 22, 2021

Wally's Water Wisdom - World Water Day


Hello again, friends! The month of March is full of exciting dates. There’s Groundwater Awareness Week, Fix a Leak week, the first day of spring and more! One of my favorites though, is World Water Day celebrated every year on March 22. (That’s today!)

What’s World Water Day? I’m glad you asked! World Water Day is all about celebrating the importance of water in our homes, families, cultures, wellbeing, and environment and raising awareness of water-use efficiency practices.

Can you imagine what our world would be like without water? By making sure we are using water wisely, we can ensure a reliable water supply for ourselves and future generations. Implementing water-wise techniques is as simple as turning off the faucet when brushing your teeth, taking 5-minute showers, regularly checking your home for leaks, and even cleaning off your driveway with a broom instead of a hose.

I am especially fond of this year’s World Water Day theme – What does water mean to you? To me, water means a healthy mind, body and environment, but it also means I get the opportunity to share my water wisdom with all of you! Leave a comment letting me know what water means to you and how you plan to celebrate World Water Day this year, and check out IEUA's social media, @IEUAWater, to see what water means to a few of IEUA's employees and students!

That’s all I have for today friends! I’ll see you all soon with my next drop of water wisdom.

Your friend,

Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment