Welcome to Inland Empire Utilities Agency's (IEUA) Education Blog featuring up-to-date information on education programs and opportunities which focus on the environment and our most precious natural resource, WATER! IEUA provides various educational opportunities for the community including a free field trip program, bussing mini-grants, educator workshops, poster contests, educational grants, garden program, and much more!
It's Water Awareness month and I need your help! Did you know that 97% of the Earth's water is salt water? This leaves us with only 3% of fresh water on Earth. With limited resources available to us, it is important to conserve everything we can. We have no new water--did you know that the water dinosaurs used years and years ago is the same water we have available to us today? Since we have no new water, we must do our part to use water wisely and not waste it. Saving water is something we can all do on a daily basis!
Here are a few tips to help you get started with saving water:
Turn off the water when brushing your teeth.
Take shorter showers.
Always use full loads when using the washing machine.
Fix leaks immediately.
Do your part in making a change! You can become my water-wise friend and help spread the message! The more people that are aware, the easier water conservation becomes. See you all next time!