Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Wally’s Water Wisdom – Anyone can be an Environmental Steward

Hi friends! I am back, and I come bearing gifts (a.k.a. tips to save the earth – the best gifts of all ๐Ÿ˜‰). 

In my last update, I mentioned that ANYONE can be an environmental steward, but one large question remains: HOW?! Let’s talk about it.

A common misconception when it comes to environmental stewardship is the idea that “my small action will never be enough to make a difference, so I simply won’t do it.” Philosopher Lao Tzu once said, “great acts are made up of small deeds.” Simple actions make a huge difference when it comes to scenarios like these. Turning off the water while you brush your teeth, limiting showers to five minutes or fewer, making sure trash makes its way to the proper bins, planting California natives, and turning your sprinklers off during and for 48 hours after heavy rainfall are just a few of the many ways to show your love for Mother Earth.

So, the next time you think, “is it really that easy?” The answer is yes! My friends at IEUA have some great information on water saving tips and water-use efficiency rebates & programs on their website. I highly recommend checking them out to see what “small” action you can perform, especially as we approach Earth Month. 

That’s all I have for today, friends! I’ll see you all soon with my next drop of water wisdom. 

Your friend,

Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment